Sometimes my life sucks and it feels like everything is going wrong. Sometimes it feels like the world is going crazy, and I along with it. Sometimes it feels like I’m all alone and no one cares. Sometimes it feels like there’s more bad in the world than good.
Despite what is going on in the world, or going on with me, I always, always can count on the following:
- I am grateful for my wonderous body, that gets me from place to place and does what I want, even if sometimes I’m in pain or feel uncoordinated.
- I am grateful for my amazing mind and brain that can help me solve problems and imagine, even if I my memory fails me.
- I am grateful for the ability to touch and feel a hug, even if I don’t have anyone to hug.
- I am grateful for my growing ability to feel love and joy, even if sometimes I feel depressed and angry.
- I am grateful to have ample food, shelter, clothing and modern amenities, even if I have to fix, procure and maintain them.
- I am grateful for the family, friends, acquaintances, students and co-workers in my life, even if they might disappoint or annoy me.
- I am grateful for the friendliness and kindness of strangers, even if sometimes they can be rude and inconsiderate.
- I am grateful for the freedom and opportunity offered by our country, even if sometimes it feels oppressive and depressed.
- I am grateful for our beautiful and miraculous Earth, even if sometimes she feels cruel.
- I am grateful to feel connected to all things on Earth and in our universe, because I know I’m never alone even if I feel lonely.
- Most of all, I am grateful to have a positive and grateful perspective on life because I know that every day we are on this Earth that it is a miracle to celebrate.
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. “ – Melody Beattie